Happy Reading

Toni's bookshelf: read

The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep, #4)
Ape House
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Operation Napoleon
Walking Dead
The Sentimentalists
The Heretic Queen
The Midnight House
Cross Fire
Peony in Love
Absurdistan
Nefertiti
Finding Nouf: A Novel
City of Veils: A Novel
First Daughter
A Place of Hiding
Amagansett
Peter Pan


Toni Osborne's favorite books »
}

Saturday, April 16, 2016

"Wanted", by Nick Stephenson

Book 1 in the Leopold Blake Thriller series

A free book is always a good way to lure readers, I am surely one that takes advantage for any offer that meets my taste. A story combining murder, mystery, mayhem and a healthy dose of humour was right up my alley and I was happy to accept Mr. Stephenson invitation to read and review book 1. “This is the way I see it”, my thoughts are my own and I have not been influenced by the offer.

This is definitely a fun and thrill-ride from page one and I enjoyed particularly the lighting- fast pacing plot that throws numerous twists and turns to derail us and keep us on the edge of our seat the whole time. “Wanted “definitely provides exciting fight that had me clenching me jaws and biting my nails all along. This story which revolves around the Louvre and its arts is very well spun and as good as it comes even with all the similarities to other works of this genre.

Leopold Blake, a private investigator is thrown in the middle of mayhem and comes out with minor injury. There is a lot going on but all the threads come carefully together by the end. Of course we have lots of violence and tension but the craziness is toned down with a bit of humour. Leopold and Mary, the main players have a weird and funny relationship. Some scenes may not have made sense but were great for the imagination. The good guys are good and the bad guys are as evil as can be, what a combination of style.

This story starts the series on the right foot. Of course it may not please everyone but for those enjoying a good chase across Paris by killers and police on a whirlwind ride for evidence you are in for a good time and will have a hard time putting this book down.

No comments: