Happy Reading

Toni's bookshelf: read

The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep, #4)
Ape House
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Operation Napoleon
Walking Dead
The Sentimentalists
The Heretic Queen
The Midnight House
Cross Fire
Peony in Love
Absurdistan
Nefertiti
Finding Nouf: A Novel
City of Veils: A Novel
First Daughter
A Place of Hiding
Amagansett
Peter Pan


Toni Osborne's favorite books »
}

Sunday, July 7, 2024

"The Blind Devotion of Imogen", by David Putnam


The Misadventures of Imogen Taylor

After reading a few of Mr. Putnam books I came to look for his works without even reading the synopsis I just get it...well I will have to be more selective from now on. I honestly can say this standalone was not for me and by far. The storyline is convoluted, very slow and by the end not much a story at all. It was one of those books I took my time reading it: a few chapters at the time and so easily put aside for another day.... if you like eccentric characters and a story that extremely creative you probably will love this book. The main character Imogene is complicated and not too likeable but she provide some funny moments.

But who is Imogene Taylor?

In 1973, Imogene is seventy-five years old; on parole for murder and works at Dentco, a store that sells dented canned food. Twelve years ago she went to prison for the murder of her husband Wayne. There she wrote a novel about the assassination of a US president....and the story goes on...and on....and is all over the place.

To end:

Not for everyone, definitely not my cup of tea.

I received this book from Level Best Books via Netgalley for my thoughts: this is the way I see it.

No comments: