Happy Reading

Toni's bookshelf: read

The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep, #4)
Ape House
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Operation Napoleon
Walking Dead
The Sentimentalists
The Heretic Queen
The Midnight House
Cross Fire
Peony in Love
Absurdistan
Nefertiti
Finding Nouf: A Novel
City of Veils: A Novel
First Daughter
A Place of Hiding
Amagansett
Peter Pan


Toni Osborne's favorite books »
}

Sunday, May 12, 2024

"Cold Fear", by Toni Anderson


Cold Justice #4: A Romantic Thriller

Although I read the previous installments I just plainly did not remember any of the main characters, were they come from and what they did previously. Picking up this book was just like any other standalone I put my teeth into; I smoothly fit in with not troubles.

The story in a few words:

ASAC Lincoln Frazer is the heads the BAU at FBI sets out to investigate a murder he is not usual part of but this random act picked his attention something keeps teasing him, this one seems more sinister and he needs to take charge. At the scene Dr. Isadora Campbell (Izzy) walk into Frazer’s life with all her baggage.......awe.....

My thoughts:

Ms. Anderson has set this one against the background of wind and sand dunes and combined her story with chilly lead characters, a rebellious teen, a murderer on the loose and sand dunes hiding a few grim secrets to discover. The plot is adequate and keeps a steady pace till the very last page. As the investigation goes on, Izzy and Frazer find themselves drawn to one another and by the end of the story we are into a hot romance and language that contains strong sexual terms. Of course, the killer is identified and finding out who he was definitely not a mystery to me I had guessed him a long time before the closing page. In whole “Cold Fear” has a good a story that held my attention but the romantic section.... not so much.....Will I read more from this author...definitely.


No comments: