Happy Reading

Toni's bookshelf: read

The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep, #4)
Ape House
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Operation Napoleon
Walking Dead
The Sentimentalists
The Heretic Queen
The Midnight House
Cross Fire
Peony in Love
Absurdistan
Nefertiti
Finding Nouf: A Novel
City of Veils: A Novel
First Daughter
A Place of Hiding
Amagansett
Peter Pan


Toni Osborne's favorite books »
}

Sunday, August 6, 2023

"The Last Gunfighter of Space", by Ty Patterson




Cade Stryker Book #1

The year is 5050 AD in a far far away a planet in the Icarus Galaxy, Calara is where millions who survived the decimation of earth established themselves. But life hasn’t turned out to their liking...AI rule over them. Humans are rebelling....and then enter Cade Stryker, a thief, who trades with anyone, anywhere, sails everywhere with Andy, his ship; a kind of Andromeda....fate of humans may lie in the hands of Cade Stryker.....or not.

Full disclosure...sci-fi is by far not my favourite genre my review may reflect my feelings. I received the two books in the series from the author Zion of years ago and I put them at the bottom of my very long pile of books to read knowing this genre wasn’t for me but since it was giving in good faith and Ty Patterson has become one of my favourite authors through the years I knew I had to give this series a go and I am happy to say that Ty stopped this endeavor after writing the second book...Thank you.

In simple words: creative license indeed, imagination overboard and ridiculous encounters. It starts so so but petered out mid-way with silly fantasy elements: dried plasma to fuel the spaceship, ships with invisible hulls, give me a break... This story is complete nonsense from the first page till the very end. The characterization is totally nonappealing... Ok. I hate it but well done are Ty signature gun fights and good guy/bad guys chases that peppered the pages. Ty Patterson other series are by far a better buy....



No comments: