Happy Reading

Toni's bookshelf: read

The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep, #4)
Ape House
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Operation Napoleon
Walking Dead
The Sentimentalists
The Heretic Queen
The Midnight House
Cross Fire
Peony in Love
Absurdistan
Nefertiti
Finding Nouf: A Novel
City of Veils: A Novel
First Daughter
A Place of Hiding
Amagansett
Peter Pan


Toni Osborne's favorite books »
}

Sunday, March 26, 2023

"Cross My Heart", by James Patterson



Alex Cross book # 21

I took a long break between the last book and this one. It was time for me to move on, take some time off, read something else in order to enjoy Alex Cross sagas at a later date. Oh boy, I didn’t know I would take 8 years to pick up this series again. I am happy I did, I admit to have enjoyed every bit of the time I spent with Alex.

I must say that James Patterson has a knack for writing fast-paced, engaging stories that gripped from the first page. In “Cross My Heart” Alex is investigating a string of murders while he is being stalked and provoked by a psychopath obsessed with him and determined to torment him by targeting his family. The man knows that nothing matters more to Alex that his children, his grandmother and his wife and uses Alex’s strength as a weapon against him.

This story definitely has much more emotional fell. We can sense Alex’s pain as he not only had to deal with what was happening to his family but hold himself back not to make things worse. It was hard not to react and feel somewhat apprehensive during the last chapter and as I was wondering where the storyline would bring me. My heart was on a roller coaster ride and a thousand questions crossing my mind...” This cannot be happening ....is this ever going to end....oh no what else.. There is so much going on that my thoughts will exceed my objective of writing short reviews. So it is up to you to discover the ins and outs....

Well, this book doesn’t have an actual ending but what an ending it was: bold, dramatic, jaw-dropping. This cliff-hanger ending may be disappointing although I am certain the drama may continue in the next installment “Hope to Die” which no doubts will give us another exciting ride.

No comments: