Happy Reading

Toni's bookshelf: read

The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep, #4)
Ape House
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Operation Napoleon
Walking Dead
The Sentimentalists
The Heretic Queen
The Midnight House
Cross Fire
Peony in Love
Absurdistan
Nefertiti
Finding Nouf: A Novel
City of Veils: A Novel
First Daughter
A Place of Hiding
Amagansett
Peter Pan


Toni Osborne's favorite books »
}

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

"Tap That" by John W. Mefford




Book #2 in, The Booker Thrillers series

A short synopsis:

A budding Broadway musical star is found dead, a single bullet to the head. Then it happens again, someone Booker knew. This became more a personal obligation than a professional one and running against time before another murder happens Booker is forced to solicit the help of a crime boss.

My thoughts in a few words:

I am a huge fan of this author and through the years I have read a fair number of his books and thought they were an excellent escapism that offered mainly exciting stories for us to enjoy. I have to make an exception with this one. This latest was so slow and so drawn out I lost focus many time and couldn’t even remember what I had just read. The story lacked the usual intense action to keep my attention at bay. I wasn’t even trying to outsmart Booker in his quest to do whatever he was set to do. In previous books I felt often challenge to be one step ahead of the protagonist not here. Yes, I found this book somewhat boring. Although to his credits, Mr. Mefford writes with a strong hand and doesn’t shy from giving us a story with a mysterious side ...maybe a little too much this time. I am not giving up on this author and will continue to be one is faithful fans and read book #3 “Hate City” shortly.

This is the way I see it. But don’t shy away from this author you may love “Tap That”

No comments: